Thursday, September 4, 2008

Free YSL Tote Bags

Early last week, news emerged that Yves Saint Laurent will be handing out thousands of free bags come Saturday, Sept. 6. However, all the information seemed to be confusing and vague. Calls to their PR office were not helpful either. Rest asured folks, if YSL is giving out anything for free I am gong to get the information.

Thanks to YSL deep throat, I got undisclosed details to help you (and me) get a free tote bag. So, limited edition cotton totes bags, designed by Stefano Pilati, are being given away  with a “Manifesto.” The "Manifesto" is a newspaper-style catalogue containing information about the collection .



Well, more than 5,000 of these catalogues and totes will be distributed for FREE throughout Paris, New York, London, Milan, Tokyo and Hong Kong. The big question is when and where. Apparently, one of the secret locations is infront of the uptown YSL store (855 Madison Avenue) from 1:45pm to 3:45pm. I imagine you would probably luck out at the 57th Street location too, however I could not confirm more information.

I can't imagine what these bags will fetch on Ebay. Good luck and please pick up an extra bag for me. I'll sadly be out of town for the weekend.

10 comments:

Modelizer said...

Ugh tragic that it's no where near the tents :'(

chanello said...

thanks! I was going to terramare or via q for brunch today anyways!

rub my flub said...

i scored a ysl tote bag. on my way to the union square farmers market i saw 2 or 3 people with it at around 11am. i asked one lady where she got it from and she said they were giving them away earlier out of a big truck on astor place. i walked by aster place on my way to union square and did not see any truck. telling her of my misfortune, she told me the bag and manifesto didnt mean anything to her anyway and gave it to me!! I have a white one but would rather have black. guess beggers can't be choosers.

Anonymous said...

super bad organized... approx 5 bags left by the time they got the the ysl flagship store. am SO annoyed.

Anonymous said...

I WAS AT THE FLAGSHIP STORE AS WELL. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. VERY VERY UNHAPPY.

Lila Delilah said...

I would love to hear more about your tote bag experiences.

Marielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i waited at the location at new museum and the people that worked for the museum was like we cant stand around for this, so i went to west broadway&houston and got it (: and then headed over to astor place !

Anonymous said...

I was at Union Sq. first, but those girls had said they handed out their bags at Astor. Was able to score a bag around 11.30am on the corner of Bryant Park. There were 5-6 girls handing them out. Seemed like they had a bunch, most were white (I got a black one and a white one).

mui said...

there's another ysl giveaway around spring street area! its part of the valentine's day thing!