Thursday, December 4, 2008

Scoop Slashes Prices

Scoop is finally getting the message that retail industry isn't doing well. I wonder if someone took a blow horn to Stefani Greenfield's ear.  I guess what actually made the Scoop co-founder open her eyes is inconsequential because the store has finally reduced prices to 60% off.



These prices might make Scoop a bit more attractive to frugal shoppers but it's going to take a bit more to lure back their core business-- the newly penny-pinching parent's of over-indulged teens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the biggest problem with Scoop is their buyer! Whoever is going the buying bought some BORING things this season and I would not consider myself a trendy person. They also has some odd sizing assortments, and that was full price at the beginning of the season. Last time I was there I stopped in after I went to Jeffery's (another disappointment in my opinion) and almost fell asleep looking through the racks.

Also is it just me or does it feel like your shopping at a sample sale there? Tons of clothes packed onto racks, none of which are facing out so you can see them. When I'm paying full price I don't really like to go through racks like that. Frankly The Gap does a better job organizing their stores.

Anonymous said...

it seems their salespeople have had their heads in the sand about the economy as well