Thursday, March 19, 2009

Michael Kors Sample Sale

At this point I think everyone and their grandmother has sent us a link or an email forward of the Michael Kors sample sale. Even Peachy Deegan, of Whom You Know, was sending us a code red fashion alert.

So the day came and Racked published the details, "a solid 75% off of everything still means Kors' $1,595 dresses are $399." A steal, nah.

The $399 price tag is steep but we have a bigger problem with the 75% off. Three days after Christmas the boutique prices were 70% off. There is no way that a sample sale experience is worth the 5% difference.

The sale runs through Saturday -- more details below-- we suggest you wait until then if you're really dying for some MK. Maybe they will do another markdown for the last day?!

Where:
Metropolitan Pavilion
125 W 18th St
(b/n 6th and 7th aves)

Friends and Family Day:
Thursday, March 19 - noon to 8pm

Public Shopping:
Friday, March 20 - 9am to 7pm
Saturday, March 21 - 9am to 7pm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, only 75% off? I don't think I have ever been in the madison store when they were not having some kind of 50% or 70% of sale. Sounds like a sale for everyone downtown that does not want to come up to the Madison store.

I have a feeling this sale is going to be packed with Michael by Michael Kors junk.

licivt said...

I just went to the sale and it is actually 85% off of everything. All Collection like Madison -- cashmere and dresses but I was bummed that there were no accessories.

Anonymous said...

I bought 2 great dresses which totally surprised me because I thought I hated Michael Kors. But the Collection pieces aren't half bad.

Although to be honest the pieces I got aren't very "Korsy" They were all Brown and Halston like. But for all you Uptown girls that ever wore T. Burch back in 2004, there's plenty of that bright colored patterned stuff as well.

Anonymous said...

FYI: Saturday it went to 90% off. Good to know for future sales.

Anonymous said...

I went on the last day and it was 90% off the collection pieces. I was amazed that no one was there. I remember a few years back there was always a frenzy at sample sale time. I think they were hoping that word would spread, but guess not. I think they need to lower prices even below 90% off. In my opinion, it's really not the discount that is at issue in this economy, it's that the retail price to begin with is way too high.