Tuesday, August 25, 2009

DSW Gucci Sale Continues

It appears as if the DSW Gucci sale is still going strong. We would have imagined that all the Gucci accessories would be gone. Au contraire, mon amie. A Mad-Spy reader writes that there is a generous selection and then gripes that she paid two times the DSW price for her bag that is still current in Gucci stores.


Went to the Union Square store today just out of curiosity and they still have a lot left over 2 weeks later. I have to admit that I'm a little more than mad that they have about 8 of one style bag that I have and is still full price at Gucci. The off season stuff whatever but something that is selling in Gucci stores at full price should have never been sent to DSW. It's not fair to all of us who paid well over $1,000 for a bag that others can not buy for $499.

Besides reminding us to hit DSW, the comment had us thinking: How do you feel when an item you buy gets reduced or appears at a different location for fractions of what you paid.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case anyone wanted to know what bag they have lots of, it's this one
http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/classics/handbags/#0-972780-189931BCB1G1000

There are still a few other styles but only one or two of each. Then wallets, agendas, tons of scarves, lots of key chain, dog clothing, and shoes.

As you can see that bag is over $1300 and part of the classic line. Had it been a bag from a past collection that is no longer made then fine but no fair allowing one vendor to sell it for less than half while you sell it full price. Doing some investigation into where DSW got their Gucci from tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Gucci does not sell to discounters. They have their own outlets (2 in the NY region) to move inventory. This stock probably from a desperate dept store either here in the US or abroad.

Anonymous said...

I don't like it. I'm happy for the folks that are able to enjoy the sale. But it reminds to never buy full price from the seller again. I saw a couple of dresses that i bought full-price at Carolina Herrara on Gilt for 80% percent off. I guarantee you that that will never happen to me again

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I used to spend my bonuses at the stores but I've learned to be patient and shop around. I got a gucci bag at the saks consignment sale for 70% off and that was at SAKS! not even an outlet or off-price store.

Anonymous said...

Anybody know the location, i want to go, but i dont know that location. CAn someone tell me that location, is it still on sale right now~?

Anonymous said...

If your in New York it's the DSW in Union Square, 14th street and Union Square south.

Ween said...

Hi ,
Does this DSW Gucci Sale happens annually? Is it still on? I receive email photos and I went crazy after seeing the price.

Ween from Singapore