Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Prada Presale Begins

You didn't hear it from us but Prada has already started to presell fall '09 merchandise. Ready-to-wear is discounted 50% and shoes and bags are marked down 30%.

Unlike last year, this presale is very hush hush. We got our standard presale phone invitation but tested the waters as an unknowing shopper. SoHo, Madison and 57th Street Prada stores all suppressed presale information. "We are still waiting to hear from corporate," appears to be the standard line. Don't believe it.



Looking forward, we just received the Prada Spring accessory lookbook and loved the perforated style bags. What's better? Most bags are priced under $2000 and we even spotted a great bowler bag that's $1395.

Madison Avenue: Janik 212-327-4200
SoHo: Michel 212-334-8888

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your advice on how to approach a sales associate to get the pre-sale discount if they say the sale hasn't started yet? Will the sales associates you listed give the discount, or is it on a case by case basis only? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wow, is this earlier then it started last year?

Anonymous said...

That's really wierd. Usually they tell you the truth. I would ask them to ask their manager, because you heard from a friend that they were in pre-sale mode. That should stop the nonsense. Good luck

Lila Delilah said...

I suggest finding the item you want to buy and then discussing the discount.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the new spring bags are nice and I usually don't like perforated. Why does it have come come back every couple years?

I went in the mood to buy something and honestly there was nothing I wanted. Everything I liked I have and not because I bought it recently but things I have acquired over the years, nothing new or exciting. I might try some of the other stores later.

Anonymous said...

I'm close with a few associates and the sale hasn't been confirmed yet. But they will let you set items aside if and when the sale takes place.

Anonymous said...

I am told the sales associates will have the "official" list on Friday. So if anyone hears what percentage and which items they markdown, please share.

Anonymous said...

Presale started today. Fall clothes and shoes 50% off. Look for blue tag or ask your associate. Some bags and accesories 40% off. Public sale starts Dec 2.