Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Erin's Sole Searching

Our Summer intern and all-round hot stuff stylist, Erin Jeen did the rounds of all the important shoe departments and here is her report:

Berfdorf Goodman
Bergdorf began their 30% off shoe sale this week and the 2nd floor was madness. There are tons of glitter Louboutins, (retail $795) and glitter Miu Miu's. There was a plentiful amount of Balmain shoes. And oddly, there were a bunch of Chanel sandals and flats. They will further increase the discount soon, but I would check it out if you want to get your hands on the discounted Chanels.

Saks Fifth Avenue:
Saks had some classic Louboutins on sale, and even more Chanel sandals and sneakers than Bergdorfs. They had a few good odd ball brands thrown in the mix--Givenchy sandals, YSL Tributes-- and if you are lucky enough to be the size of the shoe, you have won the prize.

Barneys:
About 3/4 of the shoes I own were purchased at Barneys. I value their sale selection every season. Right now the discount is 40%, but soon they will take another 33% off. They have tons of Miu Miu clogs and mary janes. On the second sale day they had YSL Tribtoos, now there is only size 40.5. There are also a few Ann Demeulemeester sandals. Chanels were also abundant. There are lots of Lanvin flats and heels. I am holding off for the further reduction of 33%, but I would check it out!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the details. Although I was in Saks a week ago and I only saw a couple of Louboutins on sale (size 8). Did you happen to look at 8's or 7's?

Anonymous said...

Good idea to post available sizes at these sales, since it's impossible to get anyone from the shoe department on the phone.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Erin. I've been waiting for a post from you.

As mentioned previously, I am patiently waiting for any news on Fendi.

Thanks again, to you and Lila.

-- Svetlana

allison said...

does anyone know when second markdown is??

allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erinjeen.com said...

To comment 1: I saw quite a few 37s. 38-39s were lacking (as usual), but there were a lot of 40-41s too. I am a 39 and there is never anything in my size!

Svetlana-there are some Fendi's at Barneys! The store has a 40% off markdown! It usually goes up to 60.

Allison-I am not sure yet, I am sure Lila will post about it as soon as she finds out!

Anonymous said...

svetlana, i was at the fendi in los angeles yesterday. they had: a good selection of shoes at 40% off, all clothing was 40%, no bags or other accessories on sale. should be the same in ny right? hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

u didnt mention bloomingdales. was there today. they are taking an additional 20% off shoes starting tuesday and are taking presale on that now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone for the intel...

Svetlana

allison said...

thanks erin!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Erin:

I saw this post before lunch which made me walk to Barneys to see if the yellow woven trib toos Ive wanted since last year were there in my 40.5 size and I died 1000 deaths when I saw them on the rack, thanks to you Erin.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Erin (Post #1).

and OMG you were so right about the "glitter" Loubs at Bergdorf.

Guess I'll have to pay full price because the Loubs that go on sale are insane.