Sunday, August 22, 2010

Three Fashionistas Clean Their Closets

What happens when three fashion-industry girls with an admitted shopping addiction need to find room in their shrinking apartments? They hold a public sale of their brand new and gently but lovely belongings, of course!!!

Included in this "Confessions of Three Shopaholics" sale is a considerable collection of mid to high-end designer clothes, shoes, handbags and accessories, along with some more casual brands all up to 95% retail. The sale includes more than 700 items and 150 pairs of designer shoes ranging from a size 5 to size 10. Designer clothes range in size from 0 to 10.

Some of the higher end brands include Louis Vuitton, Manolo Blahnik, Chanel, Gucci, Giuseppe Zanotti, Fendi, Christian Louboutin and Prada. Some of the less fussy brands include Seven jeans, DVF and Theory.



When interviewed about the sale, the girls admitted that it was hard to get rid of some of their valuable belongs. At first they considered holding the sale just for their friends: "But it would have been really hard to see someone you know wearing something that was yours," admitted one girl who is planning on renovating her apartment with the money raised from the sale.

Between you and me, I think the idea is genius. I could imagine this becoming a trend. What do you think? How hard would it be for you to give up some of your prized belongings?

Confessions of Three Shopaholics Sale
Tuesday, August 24th
5pm to 9pm
545 West 25th Street (b/t Tenth and Eleventh Ave), 8th Floor.
CASH ONLY.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a good and practical idea. I for one also have too many things in my apartment. If they are sucessful, I may be able to copy them.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great alternative to consigning. And it's probably a win win situation, considering the buyer and seller both get better deals / cuts. I just went to Barney's WH, which was too overpriced and too much of a madhouse. I'll be hitting this one up.

Anonymous said...

what's the range of clothing sizes like?

ethan1066 said...

Be sure that you’re going to end up with nice looking outfits. All you just need to take a look at fashion-pass and make some serious fall fashion trends shopping plans?

Anonymous said...

Hopefully everything is authentic as I'm sure you can't get your money back if it's not! Too many fake louboutins out there!

Anonymous said...

I agree - I hope everything is authentic as I know it'll be final sale.

Svet

Anonymous said...

Come on fashionistas-- the reason they have to sell is probably because they did not buy fakes!

A.

Anonymous said...

I went there last weekend, and everything was 100% authentic. I saw their post on another blog, and it said clothes were sizes 0 - 10. Shoes were sizes 5-10, and a lot of them were brand new, with the box with original prices on them.

Anonymous said...

went to the sale....total waste of time! You need to "vet" these sales a bit better before you advertise them!! They were actually selling used H&M t-shirts

Anonymous said...

Went to the sale last night - this was no fashionista's closet. More like someone's garage sale. Ugly and random DVF dresses for $100 and USED Banana republic tops for $30! there was also french connection crap. You got to be kidding me. Also, bags were totally off. Nothing high end about it - they were selling a dirty and worn looking prada nylon bag. Extreme waste of time - can't believe I trekked all the way to west side for this one. Made myself buy a pair of Theory slacks for $80 just to make it worth it.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! I was patiently waiting for the reviews of this sale. I am sorry for those who went.

Oh well, I guess it's the Barney's Warehouse Sale for me.

Svet