Sunday, June 19, 2011

Massimo Dutti Comes to NYC

Zara's parent company, Inditex, will be opening the first Massimo Dutti concept store, in New York, later this year. We are told the new store will be taking the Zara location at Fifth Avenue and 54th Street.

Massimo Dutti is known for their high quality products and custom tailoring. Although the price point is considerably higher than Zara, it's still very reasonably priced. For example, a custom suit is about 450-euros, which is about $640. A men's shirt ranges in price from 50-to 60-euros ($71 to $85) and a woman's dress is about 99-euros or $141.



Fans of Masimo Dutti say to be on the look out for their leather jackets, bags and jeans. We even hear the store has a mega end-of-season sale where discounts range from 50% to 70% off. We think this is a store we can like, no, love.

Addicts of the the Fifth Avenue Zara should not shed any tears because it will be relocating a few blocks south at Fifth Avenue and 52nd Street. For now, you can look foward to Zara's spring sale, which will begin later this week.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just call MD in Spain and it is absolutely false the info. :o(

Assley said...

Who is Massimo Dutti?

Prada Store said...

SALE & ZARA!!!!!!, good news

j said...

I shop the store in Europe and it has very nice Mens items; especially jackets. JR

j said...

I shop store in Europe & very nice Mens items & Jackets!

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome - hope its true!!!!
i love the cuts - simple and flattering and the clothes look chic and expensive....
Looking forward to the opening. Will be my new favorite store....

Anonymous said...

I just bought a Massiumo Dutti bag from Spain. Love it:)

Anonymous said...

Massimo Dutti is indeed coming to NYC! So excited!

Anonymous said...

I live in London and massimo dutti is now available Online, Love it,

Anonymous said...

I live in London and massimo dutti is now available Online, Love it,

Anonymous said...

i bought a lot of items range from dress, shirt, to accessaries such as belt, scarves and wool pantyhose. can help shopping in the store. but unfornately, online shopping is not available in the US

Anonymous said...

A solid but affordable asset in the men's line ! I buy lots of stuff from Massimo, suits, shirts, outerwear and accessories, and am always satisfied with their items. Nice, modern cuts and fine fabric. For the price, it's an excellent bargain. Conversely, I bought two suits from Zara last year, which I wore only once and relegated them to the farthest corner of my closet, to be given away later. They look cheap and so coarse compared to Massimo's. I surely will be a regular customer if they open.

Anonymous said...

689 will be a MD!

Anonymous said...

Any idea when the Massimo Dutti is opening? I'll make a trip up from DC just to shop there. They have great clothes!

Anonymous said...

You are idiots.... Dutti is like a bad Ralph Lauren

Anonymous said...

I don't know about bad RL. Instead really boring staff for price range 150-200 US in Lauren Line you could get beautiful silk dresses, rompers and blouses. And look different. Sometimes RPL polos looks like work uniform.

jamesd said...

Finally! I've been calling Inditex on when they were planning on opening a Massimo Dutti store in NYC for years.
I am so thrilled!!! I've purchased and still have great leater jackets and bags from purchaes in Spain and Paris.
Looking forward to shopping at their 5th Avenue Locale.
Gracias Massimo Dutti !

Anonymous said...

Massimo Dutti has one of the best mix of European sport and fashion I have ever encountered.

Anonymous said...

Massimo Dutti is coming to Georgetown in DC so you won't have to make the trip from DC!

Anonymous said...

I have been working in a Massimo Dutti store for quite few years now, I am a manager, but in all honesty I have to admit that the quality if the items is not as good as they claim, furthermore it gets poorer and poorer as time goes by.