Sunday, March 24, 2013

Chanel Bags at Costco

One of the biggest questions we get at Madison Avenue Spy is how to score a Classic Chanel bag for less than retail. The obvious answer is always preowned but today we spotted brand new Chanelies at Costco.



A small Classic style bag usually retails for $4200 but is available at the Harlem Costco for "just" $3600. That's about $600 less than the current retail price. Not exactly spectacular percentage but $600 is a nice savings. In addition, the big box store has the Chanel Hobo Weekender that retailed for over $3000 is "just" $2059. (That's a much better deal, in our opinion.) This bag was part of the 2009 summer collection and the hobo strap can be elongated to be worn as a cross body. I can also hold lots of stuff!

Costco also has a few less exciting Prada totes that range in price from $1100 to $1770. We would most definitely pass on these as the retail prices aren't very much higher. Finding Prada bags on sale isn't too difficult either. Like the Prada bags, we suggest passing on the green grapes and honeydew. Both are less expensive at Fairway.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sold fake Tiffany's, I think I will pass.

Lila Delilah said...


Actually they were sued for stating that rings were in a "Tiffany Setting." They never claimed to sell Tiffany jewelry.

Berty Morales said...

I know Costco have been sued before for doing stuff like this so please do not fall for it. I remember they had Gucci items and they asked to be remove ASAP! I don't think I will go to Costco to get me a Chanel. LOL. Just saying!

Anonymous said...

is this at all costcos????

Anonymous said...

I pay a quick visit every day a few web sites and information sites
to read content, except this web site presents
quality based writing.

my website - accessorie

Anonymous said...

These prices (atleast prada) are way less attractive than saks and neiman's seasonal markdowns. Moreover if I would consider putting down 3600 for a bag from costco than I would likely suck it up add another 600 and buy from a Chanel boutique! Most people who can afford to buy a 3600 dollar bag can fork out an additonal 600 anyway...

Anonymous said...

Costco does a great job, I don't know how they get these designer items but I don't think they ever sell fakes. If one wants to save and it is cheaper at Costco - buy it.